Sunday, October 24, 2010

Supermoto fun - DRZ style.

It's been a while - house moving has taken its toll but now I'm back and bikes once again come first!

A new toy on the scene has given me plenty to do.  Having wanted a supermoto for years, I finally came up with a mint 2005 DRZ400E with both sets of wheels.  A UK spec bike, imported to Australia by its owner, and a successful bid on Ebay made me the proud owner.

So, what'll it do mister?  No rocket ship that's for sure but smooth and easy going.  I like it.

A cracking looking bike!  All that's needed now is the popular modifications for the DRZ courtesy of Thumpertalk.com.  More of that soon.


1 comment:

  1. This and other blogs of yours were big on my radar when I was looking into a new bike about a year ago (after having my gsxr mashed by a volvo). I wound up with a drz400sm. I put it on Q3s, got it resprung, and otherwise set up. To people who come from motocross I'm sure this bike is a pig, but to me it is amazingly light, flickable, and easy to be a hooligan on.

    Through doing every trackday I could last summer, and even a supermoto race I have probably learned more about riding on this bike than I did on all the sportbikes I had before it combined. This year I picked up a sv1000s to make longer rides a little more fun, but man, that DRZ is pretty much a nightmare for every sportbike on the backroads when I'm out on it. Passing ducatis on a $4000 bike that sounds like a giant lawnmower is good for the ego!

    Anyway, I first found your blog when I was building a gsxr1000 (k6) up into a naked bike. Good info here for that! And now a plug of my own website (in case you enjoy reading bike ramblings other than your own): http://www.rapmoney.org

    ... Hopefully the spam filter didn't just see "money" in the domain and filter this comment!

    ReplyDelete